Turnaround Time

I currently work for Teletech, or ttec now, but that will be changing as of today. I work on the Allstate work from home position.

The initial ad I read was for full time and also about a dollar more an hour. Once I made it to the orientation, all that changed. I stuck with it as I had just moved to a different state and needed the money. I work from home and have to use my computer.

I haven't had any issues with my computer or the USB stick I had to purchase in order to do this job, until recently. My stick stopped working so I followed the procedure...let your team leads know and call their support. The tech ended up doing a remote session into my PC. I told him if he did what he was about to do, it would freeze my computer up, which was one of the issues I was having...so he did it anyway and my PC froze up.

This caused me to do a hard reset. He eventually wanted in to my personal desktop to make some adjustment with the stick. Long story short, what he was doing kept freezing me up. I spent several hours on the phone with him, but he just kept doing the same exact thing and was getting the same exact results.

I eventually started getting the blue screen of death, which I advised him of, but it didn't seem to matter to him, he just kept doing the same thing over and over and over. I finally disconnected the call after telling him what he was doing obviously wasn't working and now I'm getting the blue screen errors. I got wrote up for disconnecting this call, and several more write ups followed for just the pettiest of the pettiest reasons. My sup was not responsive most of the time when I would inform her of my issues.

They have a policy where if your issues are on your end, they won't pay you for your down time, understandable. My issues are obviously because of this USB stick I have to use, yet I have not been paid for the last few weeks. Nobody has listened to my concerns with the blue screen errors and they just kept on wanting access to my computer. I eventually refused to let any of them back in.

When I advised my team lead of this and told her I wouldn't be letting any of them back in and asked who else I could talk to about my blue screen errors I am now getting because of the techs, and my pay, she suggested I call the support back and talk to blah blah blah. I stopped listening at that point because she wasn't listening to me. I am going to attempt to contact HR today and start the process of a million reasons why they won't be paying for my time lost or repairs on my PC. I have not been able to take calls for about three weeks now so there will be no paycheck this week, again.

They don't care about my issues they have caused and the time I've lost due to their ignorance and refusal to listen to their employee. My tl has been standoffish at times and was mumbling under her breath at me while in a meeting with just her and I. She is extremely unprofessional as is the entire company. I would not suggest you even apply here as it is simply not worth it.

Management is lack luster, at best, and I am sure that is the reason they have lost the contract for my line of business. Two big thumbs down for TTec

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

I didn't like: Way they treat employees.

Comments